Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What We're Reading Wednesday: Montessori & More

 

Joey is absolutely LOVING these books! I love that the Letter Work book teaches phonetically, I think it is Joey's favorite. We just got the Number Work in yesterday & haven't got to read it together yet. They're all textured so kids can trace the objects (letters, numbers, & shapes). I love the sensory factor of that. I like the hands on aspect of these books. Joey has been bringing these to me very often throughout the day to read. I just noticed they have a Map Work book coming out in July! HERE is where you can find them.

On the Montessori subject, I still have a LOT to learn about it. I love the independent learning, because I believe that learning should be fun. I think children should want to learn, it's natural. Now, we aren't completely Montessori. We have mostly adult sized furniture & such. We really just take other learning methods and intertwine them with what works for us. This is the only actual book I've read on the subject. This book is on it's way to our house today via "The Present Truck" (UPS). I'm a little backed up on my books to read, but hopefully I'll get to it soon!

Now, on to other books we are reading. Or, books I'm reading is more like it.


I've had this on my to read list for a while. I found it at the thrift store the other day & couldn't resist picking it up. After reading 1984 I've fell in love with George Orwell. Find the book HERE.


Book found HERE. After a friend of mine shared about Buddy Backpacker, a 5 year old who became the youngest thru hiker on the AT, on Facebook the other day I bought this book. I read Wild last month and I decided I wanted to start hiking. Now, Buddy Backpacker has inspired me even more! Hopefully it'll become a great new family hobby of ours. Kyle says he will just ride a four wheeler! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment