Monday, February 3, 2014

Don't Ask


So, here is my story: 

We've got one. He's three. A little over two years ago we started trying for another. It took about 4ish or more months to get a positive test. I miscarried. So, we stopped trying. The beginning of last summer we started trying again. 

No luck. 

Until... Last Thanksgiving. But, I miscarried again.


So, this really annoying thing that people do (including me) has been brought to my attention. Asking questions like these:

"When are you guys going to have a baby?"

"When are you going to have another?"

"How many are you going to have?"



Here's the thing...

How do you know they're not TRYING?


Honestly, it hurts me to get questions like this.

A week or so ago we were at the park and my little guy was running around like normal (crazy). We were walking on the trail, he was running. There was an older couple and the man said this to me:

"How many do you have?"

"Just one."

"Well let me tell you, you need at least 3 or 4. 4 is optimum. Don't wait too long to have them either."


I know he didn't mean it bad at all. I really just wanted to cry and say "I'm trying!"

Just remember, you don't always know what's going on in someone else's life. So unless they bring it up, Don't Ask.





2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Beth! I'm sending mental hugs right now. I can't imagine what you are going through and I know it can't be easy. I really hope things start working out for you two, three. I have a good feeling that it will, positive thoughts. I also want to say that I love waiting to see what you and your handsome little guy have been working on. I think you are a GREAT mom. I aspire to be crafty and fun like you, as well as many other crafty moms out there. Thank you for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your comment really made my day! =)

      Delete