Saturday, March 29, 2014

If Something Is Broke, Shouldn't You Fix It?


Excuse the language but, 

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"


I may or may not turn into a Jersey Housewife..


So, in my search, the United States is considered one of the top ten developed countries in the world.

Right, no big deal. We could assume so much.

BUT

That's a big BUT.

Did you know, that if you listed countries by the lowest infant mortality rate the United States is ranked...

Wait for it...
















55

SOURCE




Is it just me, or is that absurd?

Now, I'm not going to get on any high horse. I wen't with the flow with Joey. I had an epidural & did plenty of other things I won't (Lord willing and the amniotic fluid stays high) do this time around.

Here is my message to you other Mommas or future Mommas.

Do. Your. Research.

And, don't be scared.

I was scared to death with Joey, therefore not having an epidural was NOT an option at the time. I was young & scared, but this time I'm planning on doing things different.

I just beg you, don't be afraid to question your doctors. They too are human, and fallible. 

If you think they're not, Google "Twilight sleep" and keep in mind that was around the time OUR parents were born. Not so long ago.

Seriously though, we've GOT to be doing something wrong here.

Now, hopefully this will get me started on a series of my choices during birth & pregnancy. I'll share my research and resources with you. If I've piqued your interest (and you have Netflix) go check out:



No comments:

Post a Comment