Monday, April 29, 2013

Mommy Monday: Rainy Day/Bored Box




Saturday was sort of a "test out my latest Pinterest ideas" kind of day. We had a LOT of trial and error. I decided I needed a box of activities to keep Joey busy when he was bored or cooped up inside. This won't be available for daily play, I'll only bring it out when I feel I need to. It was supposed to rain this weekend so I figured this time was better than ever. Here is what I put in our Rainy Day, Busy, Bored Box whatever you want to call it:

(From top left to right)

-Balloons (good gross motor)
- Mini Magnadoodle (I think that's what they're called)
- A sensory bag (Idea found HERE)
- Coffee play dough "dirt" (Recipe HERE)
- Homemade maracas 
- Clothespin drop bottle (great for fine motor)
- Crayola glass crayons
- Sensory balloons (I made these about a year ago. I have no clue where the idea came from. They're each filled with something different: flour, salt, beans, rice, & hair gel)

No comments:

Post a Comment