Thursday, April 24, 2014

11 Week Bump Date


Well, I'm 11 weeks today! Woohoo!! So far, no crazy symptoms. I pee like crazy & ALL night, if my stomach is completely empty I feel sick & have to grab a snack, I may or may not be a raging witch occasionally lol, & I've been having some pretty wild dreams. Nothing I can't deal with though. Just pray for those that have to put up with me ;)


My first baby purchase was cloth diapers!! I got two dozen and a wetbag for about $150! They're one sized pocket diapers, brand new! That's really a steal, I caught them on a flash sale from a local boutique. I'm super excited to cloth diaper this time around. Kyle is NOT a fan of the idea. He'll deal & I'm sure he'll eventually be thankful for the money he will be saving!



At the beginning if my pregnancy I had two UTIs, one before I knew I was pregnant, & I had to take antibiotics. Well, then while at my moms house I started to show signs of a sinus infection. There was NO way I wanted to get in antibiotics again, so I took a trip to the health food store. The thing I love about natural treatments is, you treat the whole person, not just "here is an antibiotic to cover everything." So, I grabbed some ACV (apple cider vinegar), elderberry syrup, & eucalyptus oil.

ACV - I put a couple dashes in my water throughout the day. It helps thin the mucus.

Elderberry Syrup - I took 2-3 times a day. It helps boost the immune system. 

Eucalyptus Oil - I LOVE me some essential oils! If you don't know, this stuff basically smells like Vicks. At night I'd apply it topically around my nose to open me up. I'd also apply peppermint oil for pain and lemon grass for the swollen glands in my neck. I also made a eucalyptus, peppermint, & lemon (not lemongrass) steam by boiling water, adding the oils, & breathing in the steam with my head covered.

Guess what? No more sinus infection. I love natural remedies! Much better FOR you than taking medication!

No comments:

Post a Comment